Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Thailand

Hello everyone!

Before talking about my stay in Thailand, I would like to apologize for leaving you uninformed all these days. I've been enjoying my time and therefore left the blog "unupdated". I'm sure you will understand and forgive me.

So, I left Laos after healing from the dengue fever. I was relieved. Laotian doctors were "threatening" me saying I will be sent to Bangkok or back home. Arghhh! Finally I did great and I'm now able to continue traveling as before.

I went to Phuket to meet some friends. We spent a week together. It was great! No more lonely dinners, no more conversations with the mirrors. I had company! It felt great!
Moreover, they were organizing excursions which I usually don't do as too expensive for my backpack budget. Actually I had a week of holidays inside my holidays :) nice hotels, nice food, nice beaches, great company... What else?

As I was in Thailand, I decided to do my Advanced diving certification. It was a good thing! Not the best dives of my life, I can say it, but the experience was great. Deep dives, hovering skills, naturism (no, it doesn't mean you dive naked... Even if I thought it... Actually, it's recognizing fishes and corals underwater). So now, I can move forward and keep diving. I have several ideas: wreck dive, deep dive, fun dive. Possibilities are great and various.

Few words about Thailand: subjects love their King, more than English people love William and Kate. Roads are in very good state, really. There are no beggars in the street. Food is awesome. Funny story: my friends and I were at the beach and a Spanish group was behind us. One of the ladies said: "Thai food has no variety. It's always rice with something." If you too you think that, it means you don't know Thai food. You can have noodles too ;-) hahaha, no, I'm kidding. You can really eat whatever you want in Thailand. Massages are good, particularly Thai massage. You keep your clothes, no oil, and the lady shakes every bone in your body. Really good! Of course, Thai people are very nice and friendly. Beer is good. And everything is cheap! Definitively a place to come! Just be prepared to meet loads of tourists!
By the way, I only did the south of Thailand. The north is, not only even cheaper, but more nature oriented: jungle treks, elephants rides and stuff like that. Now you know, your choice :)

After Thailand, I flew to Cambodia. I will tell you more about it on my next post.
In the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca

No comments:

Post a Comment