Friday, January 4, 2013

Cambodia - Arriving to Phnom Penh

Hello everyone!

As I'm leaving Cambodia to go to Vietnam, let me tell you how my Cambodian experience was.
Let's start with the flight.

Remember I was in Thailand, right? I had a flight with Malaysia Airlines from Phuket to Phnom Penh, through Kuala Lumpur. I had a one way ticket as I didn't know when I was going to go to Vietnam nor how.

The lady at the check-in counter started to be nervous.
-" What's your final destination? You have your ticket to Geneva? How are you going to Vietnam?" And all kind of questions like these.

Finally, one lady came and told me that I could be sent back to the border upon arrival or be forced to buy a ticket to the border or I don't remember what else, but something not funny. I needed to sign a paper saying that if there was any issue in Cambodia, it wouldn't be Malaysia Airlines fault. I started freeking out!
But I tried to remain as calm as possible saying to myself: "So far, you don't have any issue. You'll see when you arrive and you will find a solution if needed".
And you know what? Nothing happened at Phnom Penh airport!!! Just payed my visa, said thank you and went to my hotel. Nobody even looked at me. Can you imagine? I almost freeked out for nothing! This was a very good lesson for me: don't stress unless you need it.

Otherwise, the flight was very good.

I will tell you more about Phnom Penh on my next post, otherwise this one will become endless.

All my best wishes for 2013 and best of luck!

Rebeca

No comments:

Post a Comment