Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cherating

Hello everyone!
I might be a bit disconnected in the coming days. Indeed, I arrived to Cherating... you can Google it. It's more or less in the middle of nowhere, whit no wifi, no TV, but a wonderful beach, a very nice restaurant (merci, Le Routard) and a peaceful, quiet life... except maybe for the insects. Yeah, I finally met mosquitos, frogs, monkeys and a 5cm cockroach! My sleeping instincts came back and I get rid of it. I'm still a bit proud of myself.
I will post (as soon as I can) some pictures of Cherating... at least the beach.
How I ended in Cherating? I met a guy in the plain who told me Cherating was beautiful and I should go there. And all the other Malaysians told me so.
It was maybe a bit too soon for a Swiss like to me to come to Cherating only five days after leaving Geneva.
Yes, it's charming. Yes, the beach is beautiful. But I don't think I was ready to deal with a wood bungalow (no, not that charming), a cockroach in the bathroom and monkeys in the trees. Anyway, the sooner the better. And I'm loving it! :)
By the way, I met a guy in the bus: 6 hours of bus makes a lot of time to know each other. Well... we did not understand each other very well. He accused my french accent... before recognizing he doesn't speak English very well (really?). A few moments that I would like to share with you:

-"Did your brothers and sisters study like you?"
-"They're married".

-"There are a lot of brand new cars in Malaysia?"
-"What?"
-"Cars" (I show a car by the window)
-"Ahh... Ca'a. Proton... is a Malaysian brand"

-"Do you have jungle in Switzerland?"
-"No"
-"You cut to grow buildings"
-"Euh... no"

Believe me: I'm loving this trip!!!
I will come back to you asap with more stories!
In the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca

3 comments:

  1. Hola Rebeca,
    Si tenes tiempo en Malasia, una idea es ir a Borneo, una isla ahí cerca donde hay orangutanes, just an idea!!
    Besos!
    Joël

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! voy a ver si puedo :)
      En el Routard hablaban de secuestros :P por eso no lo inclui en mi lista!
      Besos!

      Delete
  2. me encanta que te encante este viaje! :-)
    Mariel

    ReplyDelete