Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Various

Hello (again),

I just wanted to let you know a few things (weird or not) that I have seen so far.

First: people drive as in UK. No, not a bottle of whisky in the hands, but in the other side of the road!
I still struggle when I need to cross a road because I look to the wrong side!

Secondly: men burp. Yes. I know. It's disgusting. And they do it all day long. I read it in the guide before coming... but it still surprises me every time.

Third: I know I said it before, but there are not many blondes in the streets (except maybe in Singapore). I am being looked all the time and, in Malaysia, men want to talk to me. They want to take pictures with me, they ask me if I'm married, they look very surprised when I tell them that I travel alone (but this one is the same in Switzerland). A guy emptying the trashbins asked me if I had an email or Facebook. I said: Both!
-Both? - Yes. - Give me your Facebook name. - No (with a smile, always with a smile).

Fourth: I have easily a clear view around me: people are smaller than me! I was doing some shopping and found there was something weird: I can see the walls, the clothes... ahhhhhh... people arrive till my neck :) I like!

I will continue telling you my impressions during my trip.
In the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rebeca :)
    So nice to read your blog and to travel with you!
    Thank you for letting us being part of it..
    Joël, when comes back from work, jumps on your website to see if you posted something or not... and then reads to me what you have written and we look at the pictures together.. Sebastian is also participating in this by kicking :)
    Keep enjoying this trip and writing your experiences and impressions.
    Besos!!!

    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¿Así que ahora te impresiona que los hombres eructen?jaja. ¡Yo me acuerdo cuando decías los números eructando... tus dulces 8 años!
    Es hermoso leerte... da mucho gusto y es re entretenido... lo estoy recomendando a algunas amigas.
    Besos ♥

    ReplyDelete