Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tioman - Part I

Remember when I said I was sad of leaving Cherating? Well... It was before heading to Tioman. This place is unbelievable. I understand why some movies were made here!
The water is translucent, the palm trees are curved like Pisa's Tower, the weather is hot, the sea is full of fishes... Paradise!
The first night I couldn't sleep. There was a continuous noise, I was getting irritated. So I went outside to check out... well, you can say it: I'm really blond! The noise was the sea!!! My bungalow was so close to the beach that I could hear everything!
After laughing about myself, I went to bed and had a good sleep.

Food: I cannot really speak about this one. I made a terrible customer.
There was almost no restaurants! There was only a Chinese restaurant, that I tried the first night (it was delicious) and some burger stands (not bad, actually, but not my preferred food...).
I will then talk about the Chinese restaurant.
First of all, there were only Chinese people at the beginning. One of them was continuously looking at me... Awkward...
The restaurant was served and certainly owned by a very old couple. I supposed the old man was around ~70 years old. I was surprised he speaks English very good. You might guess that not all the people around speaks English very well... or English at all!
I ordered steamed fish with rice... Hmmmm! Still thinking about it. It was delicious!
However, when I was waiting for my order, I suddenly realized that that man was still working at his age!
I realized how lucky we are in Switzerland and Europe in general. I'm almost sure I will not work anymore at 70 y.o.!!! (at least I hope so...)
I had mixed feelings and did think about it for a while. Should we also work if we have the health and the energy to do so? Or was he obliged to do it because that's his only way to live?...
I didn't ask...

That's all for this first part. Hope you will think about it and let some comments :)

Best of luck!

Rebeca

No comments:

Post a Comment