Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tioman - Part II

Hello everyone!
In my last post, I talked about Tioman and its beautiful beaches, and the hot weather and everything.
Well... after one day, I was bored. So I decided to do something. Took my French guide (Le Routard) and checked the different activities to be done. Very easy: walk or dive.
As I didn't want to go alone in the jungle, I decided to dive :)
I LOVED it!!! Being under the water was just so natural for me. I thought I was maybe a fish in a previous life, or a mermaid.. or an octopus!!! I have a preference for mermaid, personally.
I had the chance to be alone in my discovery dive course. The instructor, Wei, was very friendly and made me comfortable.
I was wearing a 17kg oxygen cylinder, plus some weights to sink easily. After that, my backpack seemed very light to me!
I'm now looking to do a diving certification in Thailand, where I will have more time to do it.
Few words about the sight under the sea: it's AMAZING! Full of fishes with colors you can't even imagine! Corals, urchins, strange animals I didn't recognize, shoal of fish! I just want to get back asap!
During this diving experience, I was talking to Wei about my trip. I told him my next destination was India.
-There is a guy from India!, he said, Robin!, and he went to look for Robin.
-Robin, this is Rebeca, she is going to India.
-Oh, cool! where?
And it appeared that he knows very well the region I will be visiting!
He gave me lots of information about Cochin, the Backwaters, Kovalam and many other cities. Always useful!
It's funny how sometimes you met the right people at the right time. And meeting Robin couldn't be more right!

Leaving Tioman: there were only two ferries per day. One at 7am and the other at 4.30pm.
I had a ticket for Monday morning, which was more useful to travel then to Singapore. Well... imagine a little bit: you wake up at 6am, you wait your ferry around 7am... and you're still waiting at 9.30 am!!! ARGH! The ferry had an engine problem :(
Hopefully, Robin was there waiting the same ferry. Made the waiting less frustrating. We went for breakfast and had a tasty bread and tea.
Finally, we were lucky enough to have a ferry around 10.30am and were both able to take our respective buses: me to Singapore; Robin to Kuala Lumpur.
I will talk about Singapore in my next post.

In the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca

No comments:

Post a Comment