Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Singapore - Part I

Hello everyone!

Another post today... I'm being very productive!

So let's start from the beginning: arriving to Singapore.
I was coming by bus from Malaysia. I needed to pass two frontiers: the malaysian and the singaporian one. So you go down of the bus, go through the customs in Malaysia, go back to the bus, go down in Singapore and restart the process. Painful!
And once you're in the Metro station, you're not yet at the hostel! Took me an hour to arrive.
But I finally arrived!
The hostel is clean, with air con, nice toilets (!), locker, near to all facilities.
You can't imagine how happy I am: I can drink tap water and don't need to levitate every time I go to the toilets!!! It's a relief... at least the time I'm here in Singapore.

What can I say about SG? It's more than clean, buildings are very, very high, the weather is very hot, people are smiling. It's like a warmer, nicer Switzerland :) I like it!

I walked through Chinatown, Little India (wow), Colonial District, Business District. It's very easy to walk in Singapore, it reminds me Manhattan, for those how know NYC. Big streets, big buildings, lots of cars.

Some pictures will follow shortly.

In the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca

No comments:

Post a Comment