Friday, October 19, 2012

First impressions


My first destination is Kuala Lumpur, in Malaysia.
Let me talk first about the people.
In Malaysia, there are three ethnics: Malays, Chinese and Indian. It's very impressive!
So far, the cliche is true: people are nice and smiling. I cannot complain: it's not always the case where in Europe...
The weather now: ever heard about monsoon? It's quite impressive, even for me, who spent almost 10 years in a tropical region.
You can see the sky getting darker and you hear the thunder. It gives you time to find a roof. And then it starts.
It can last hours. Hours of rain, big rain, wet rain, diagonal rain, non-stop. Of course, I took the opportunity to get intimate with my bed and get a nap! Great choice!
Now, food! You can trust the guides: there is food everywhere! Fruits, juice, rice, ducks, noodles, chicken and, of course, McDonalds.
Today I bought a bag with fresh ananas for 1 Ringa, more or less 0.20 CHF. I'm loving this country!
Then I had noodles, with chicken and salad (yes, salad) for around 2.50 CHF.
Otherwise, I'm sharing my bedroom with a French lady and an Australian girl. We are having dinner together. I will let you know more about the food after that.
In the meantime, best if luck!
Rebeca

5 comments:

  1. On a bien fait d'acheter cette jolie cape alors :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est clair! Attends que je sois dans la jungle et je te raconterai plus sur cette pèlerine et ses pouvoirs magiques :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: the Indian restaurant was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Qué bueno que el inicio, a pesar de la lluvia, esté siendo bueno. Besos ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I' not able to post anything but comments today. Argh! However, it didn't rain today :)

    ReplyDelete