Friday, November 9, 2012

India - Part I - Flight KL-Chennai-Kochi

Hello everyone!
It's been a long time since my last post. A lot of things happened during that time, but I still would like to start from the beginning: arriving to India.
As you might know, I'm in India since a week. I arrived with a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Chennai first, and then another flight to Kochi.

I should say something about KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport), but will only say that there were a lot of security checks.  Come on, guys! If there was no bomb in the first scan, you really think there will be one just before entering in the plane? Anyway...

I can say without being very original that I was the only blonde on that flight. I was expecting a "Moroccan style flight" with goats and pigeons. Actually, it was a very quiet flight. The crew turned off the lights and everybody felt asleep... After me!!! Because I didn't see the color of the food! I was so tired, I just closed my eyes and let my body find some relief!
Then we arrived to Chennai. I needed to go through the custom in order to get my flight to Kochi.
Wow! I just confirmed the blonde effect works... every time!
The guy checking the passport wasn't very friendly (oh, yeah... I've lost at least 2/3 of the smiles I had in Malaysia!... Indian people are not as smiley as Malaysian...). Anyway, I arrived with my passport and my smile... and the guy smiled! YEAH!!! Entering India was easier than expected :P
He asked me: Füst teim?
-What?
-Füesst teime?
-(I tried answering with another question) How long I will stay?
-No. Is this your füest teim in India?
-Yes. It is my first time (oh, dear! You better get used to the accent very quickly!!!)

Once I had my luggage, another security scan! Just in case the other countries couldn't find the bomb you were hiding in your luggage!

Once outside the airport... Wow! It was crowded!!! Guys, it was midnight, but the streets were full! Amazing!
I needed to walk to the domestic airport just beside. The security man checked my flight ticket and told me: Once inside, you cannot go outside.
-No problem. I wasn't willing to go outside and have some fun, right?

Once inside the domestic airport...there is nothing! Only people like me waiting for a flight.
I tried to sleep. Oh, dear! How can I describe the scene?
I was half lying in a seat, my handbag and camera "hidden" below me and taking the backpack with one hand. Can you see it? Good!
Of course I didn't sleep vey much. Who would? And moreover, I was thirsty. There was a "drinking water" sign... No way!!! I kept my thirst!

Around 4am, the check-in opened.
Another scan OF COURSE! And they sealed my bag with a sticker. Welcome to India!
Do I need to tell I was the only blonde in the waiting area?...
Around 5am, we started the on boarding. I was surprised how quiet and patient Indian are... They queued quietly, entered the plane calmly and we all had a nice trip!
I cannot tell if it was due to the early hour or to some education missing in Europe.

This is more or less all concerning my arrival to India.
Of course, more stories will come later.

Thanks for reading and, in the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca




2 comments:

  1. The scan while entering the country is to make sure you dont violate customs rule. Especially liqour ;)
    Water in airport is safe to drink. Funny you didnt find mineral water their.
    Yeah we dont smile :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thanks for the Indian insight ;)

    ReplyDelete