Sunday, November 25, 2012

Vientiane

Hello everyone!

You might be expecting some crispy news about this free whisky thing plus 14 bed mixed dorm. You naughty!
Well... This is Laos guys: everything is very quiet. Except for the That Luang Festival!
It's supposed to be a festival where people bring gifts to the That Luang temple monks. Actually, it became a pagan festival where people sell food, drinks, cars (yep, cars) and all kind of weird stuff.
I headed this festival following three Dutch girls. It was something! Moreover, one of the Dutch girls was and still is 1.80 m tall. Laotian were looking at us all the time !
We reached a sort of party. Wouhouuu!!!... Or not... I felt I was in a school party full of children. Gulliver in a Lilliputian party. It was hard... Very hard... I think I'm done with parties... But still, an experience is an experience :)

Yesterday, I decided to have Laotian food and Laotian massage. I don't know which one hurt me the most!
I asked for a no spicy Laap, Laotian meal with meat, rice, spices, soup. I don't know I the guy forgot the no spicy thing, but I couldn't finish my dish (forced diet, my friends). My mouth, my nose, my stomach were suffering! Hopeful I had a dark beer which was good, very good. Total balance: good dinner!
After dinner, I went for a foot massage. You might think I'm testing foot massage all over Asia. Well, it's true :) so far, I haven't found the best one which means I need to keep looking.
But first, let me tell you about my Laotian foot massage. It was TORTURE!!! No kidding! TORTURE!!! My feet hurt... A lot! I was even feeling them burning!!! How can people believe suffering like this is good for you?
And suddenly I realized being a masseuse was the best job ever!!! You get paid for torturing people who will after that thank you and give you a tip. SOUNDS GREAT!!! No harassment or mobbing threat. People come to be tortured and it's your job to make them happy. Easy!

And finally yesterday night I got some free Laotian whisky. Yep... That's it. Whisky-coke. Me, the receptionist and a Finnish guy. They were watching a soccer game, I was on Facebook. Sounds lame :) and it kinda was! Who cares?

And finally, the night in the dorm was very quiet, like everything in Vientiane.

I'm going to Luang Prabang today. Everybody says is waaaayyy better than Vientiane. I'll let you know :). In the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca

No comments:

Post a Comment