Saturday, November 24, 2012

First month: done!

Hello everyone!

It's been a month (already!!!) since I started this wonderful journey.
I had so many good experiences! Here are the key ones that I would like to share as a recap:
- Malaysian east coast: still charmed by the beaches, the warm water and the beautiful landscapes!
- Malaysian people: they are really very nice and smiley (I include Singaporeans here too)
- India: tea plantations, good food, beautiful beaches.
- Diving: wow! And still wow! The undersea world is just amazing. Moreover, I went beyond my fears and am very proud of me (*1).
- The great people I met: Robin, Julie, Kerstin, Stéphanie, Richard and Sally, Tony, Hazel and so many more to come :)

*1: I don't remember if I already told you this story, but I like it so much that I don't mind telling it again :)
When we were diving we needed to enter into the water from a boat which turned to be very high (even for the instructor...). One way to enter the water is the "giant step". You saw that on TV already: the guy stands very close to the board of the boat and he does a giant step.
Well... When you have vertigo like me, being able to do that equals climbing the Everest! AND I DID IT! More than once!
Moreover, we did a "James Bond" entry: front flip jumping a little bit to turn over your head while falling. And, guys... This lady did it!!! And it was filmed! :D

This "discovering Asia" trip is suddenly becoming "discovering myself". I'm slowly challenging all my limits (cleanness, loneliness, fears). And the outcome is surprising me. I like what I'm discovering :)

And this is just the beginning! I still have two months to go and many places to discover!

I will keep you posted on every challenge I will face! In the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca


No comments:

Post a Comment