Saturday, November 17, 2012

Koh Tao - Thailand

Hello everyone,

I don't really remember where I was in my story telling, so I will talk a bit about Bangkok.
Oh, yeah, now I remember! I said it was a bit boring, but it gets better at the end of the day.
Ok, perfect. I know where I am.

So when I was in Bangkok, I took the time to look for a diving school in Koh Tao. I met a german guy in a bus in Malaysia who told me Koh Tao was "the" place for diving and that everybody knew that. I didn't want to argue with a German, so I came to Koh Tao :)
I choose the first diving school in my guide, which is held by a Swiss :) I didn't know that before coming. When I arrive, two British instructors made me fill all the forms and one of them told me: "you speak very good English for a French".
-"It's because I'm not French" (sorry for my French fellows...)
-"Oh, you're Swiss! Our boss is from Lausanne.
-"Me too!!!"
End of the story.

So now I'm diving. I'm doing the PADI Open Water Certification, which is the first certification you can do.
I'm in a group of four with a French guy (26) and two British boys from London (23).
We had the written exam this morning and this lady past the exam with only two mistakes!!! Youhouuu!... Sorry...
This afternoon we went for our first dive in the sea until 12 meters. The days before we were learning all the technical skills in a pool.
Diving in the sea is so cool! Beside the fact that I struggled finding my right buoyancy (a new word that I learned) and was trying to breath normally, I really enjoyed going under the water!
I only see a negative point: my hair. It's a disaster! There is no way I put my mask without screwing my hair!
I know it's a detail beside all the beautiful things you see underwater and fishes don't really care. But if I continue diving I will go back to short hair for sure!
After two not very intensive dives, I'm dead! And tomorrow we will leave at 6am for the two next dives. This time we will go to 18 meters. I really look forward to it!

Otherwise, people are cool, food is awesome, weather is hot, bla bla bla :)

I will continue keeping you posted on my Asian adventure (that I'm really enjoying by the way).
In the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca 

1 comment:

  1. no será por Argentina también que hablás tan bien inglés? ;)

    ReplyDelete