Sunday, November 11, 2012

Arrival to Kochi - Beginning of Intrepid Tour

Hello everyone,

After talking about my flight, let me talk about my arrival to Kochi and the beginning of my guided tour with Intrepid.

First of all, landing in Kochi was ... WOW! Full of coconut trees everywhere, everything was green and beautiful. Not exactly what I was expecting, even if I'm not sure I had a clear idea of what I was going to see...

Someone picked me at the airport with a taxi driver. Cool, hein?
And I had my first road experience in India ! :) everybody honks all the time!
Well... Apparently it's done in several countries, but this is just the beginning of my 3 months trip ;) I'll tell about the other countries later!

Our meeting point was in a very, very nice hotel. The meeting was a 1pm, but I was there at 8am. I took the time to walk around and discover the feeling of being an alien!!! Young girls were overexcited because they waved at me and I said "hi". How cool is that?
Young boys were looking at me like I was he first blonde they've ever seen... And I maybe was!
That was funny :)

I went back to my room for a shower and some rest.
The room was huge! Big size double bed and a living room with a sofa bed. When I saw the bed I told myself: remember you said you were OK sharing the room... But sharing the bed?! And I laugh thinking: no way you are going to share it! Hahaha! Well... Never say never.

After meeting with the guide, Tony, and the others, Tony told us one girl was coming late.
A few minutes later, someone was knocking at my door... Guess who? The missing girl! Yeah, my new roommate, Julie!
Actually we didn't share the bed. She took the sofa bed which was very comfortable.

And now you know the roommate story (we actually shared a room during all the trip and it was so fun!), I will introduce you to the team:
- Richard & Sally, from Australia.
- Tony and Sue, from UK
- Hazel, UK girl living in Chamonix, France
- Julie, from Quebec, Canada
- Tony Gomez, our guide
- Mahesh, the driver
- and me, the youngest member of the group :)

I have a funny story about Hazel :).
When we met, she told me: I'm from Chamonix, France. (I understood: Chemony... British accent :S )
And I thought: Germany in France... That's Alsace!!!
Pure blonde moment! :) I still laugh about it!

The group was very nice. We didn't have any issues during the trip and we spent wonderful moments together. We were all very lucky, because you never know who will be in the trip...

I will talk about the trip and tour in the next posts.
In the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca

No comments:

Post a Comment