Saturday, November 24, 2012

Laos

Hello everyone!

First of all, I would like to apologize for not feeding the blog for a while. Even if I was (and am) enjoying my time, there where no much stories to tell. But that time is over, Ladies and Gentlemen, because I arrived to Vientiane, Laos, today and I already have lots of things to write :)

I need to start with the flight. I took a flight with Airasia, the low costs aircraft company for South East Asia. And if its called low cost, there is a reason.
First one, the cost: the flight was indeed cheap.
Of course only one hand luggage (even if I had three...).
But the best part comes from the gate to the plane. No bus, no tube. We just walked in the Tarmac trying to find our plane. No kidding. I just followed the people in front of me. At some point, we arrived under a sort of roof. There were umbrellas because, yeah, it was raining loads of water! So everyone took a red umbrella and we walked to the plane. I still find hard to believe it!
But anyways, I slept during the whole flight and just woke up to see the plane landing. The landing was so soft that it took me some time to realize we were already on land. Congrats to the pilot!

Once in Vientiane, I took a taxi to my hostel. 7 dollars for 15km. Not bad! In Switzerland, when you sit your bottom in a cab, it's already 6.90 CHF!

The hostel is not bad. I realize I'm in a mixed dorm: boys and girls all together. I thought this was a very European thing. I guess I was wrong. Tonight it's gonna be fun: 14 beds, boys and girls, and apparently the hostel offers free whiskey. Tomorrow, I MUST tell you how it was!!!

Otherwise, I already walked most of Vientiane... I will need to go somewhere else in the coming days.
Road signs are in French and it's full of French bakeries with people (employees and customers) speaking French. It is very weird... I'll see if the south is also like this.

I'll come with more stories soon. In the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca

No comments:

Post a Comment