Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bangkok

Hello all,

Here I am in Bangkok. I left India through Thiruvananthapuram airport. You can say Trivandrum...
My flight was via Colombo, Sri Lanka. When we landed I almost regretted not having included Sri Lanka in my tour. It seems so beautiful :) I decided to visit it on my next tour, because, yeah, I will do another trip like this for sure!
The flight Colombo-Bangkok was half-empty. Sorry... but I really cannot say half-full...
I was very surprised because the on-boarding was done very calmly. They did the typical call: "Passengers from rows D to F can proceed to on-board". And, trust me, ONLY the passengers from rows D to F walked to the gate! Unbelievable! In Europe, people start queuing hours before the gate opens!!!

I was a bit stressed because I didn't have a ticket to go out of Thailand. And they seem were strict on that: people entering Thailand need to GET OUT! But everything went perfectly at the customs. They didn't ask.
After getting my luggage, I needed to find the Express Train to the city. Very easy. And arriving to the city was easy as well. It's amazing how everything is super well organized!
Hopefully my hostel was next to the metro station. And when I say next, it means next. The stairs are just in front :) No matter... I managed to take the opposite direction and walk for 15 minutes looking for my hostel!
I really have a hard time with my sense of direction. Don't care! It gives me full of stories to tell and I can discover some parts of the cities that I wasn't supposed to visit... really don't!

This morning I went for a walk. Very early is better, said my head! Well... not in Bangkok.
The city wakes up only around 5pm. The street stores opens, the food stalls serve food, the juice stalls are very active, people invade the streets. I love it! I was walking in the streets as I was somewhere else. A smile on my face, looking everywhere, reading (trying to) every sign in the street, every advertising. Really cool!

In my last post, I talked about Ayurvedic massage. Well, today I tried the Thai foot massage.
I'm a backpacker. It means my feet are carrying my backpack, my weight and my overweight! Poor them :(
So I decided to spoil them :)
Remember I said Ayurveda was an oily torture? Well,... foot massage is not very far! But it feels sooooo good! and it's very cheap. My hour of massage costed my 300 Baht, + or - 9 Swiss francs. In Switzerland, with 9 CHF I can buy... a kebab!
Once the little lady finished massing my feet, she started with my back. She put all her weight (+ or - 25kg) over my back when doing the massage. I almost told her my backpack was heavier :)
And now I feel very light... like a butterfly :)
And it's better like this because tomorrow I need to wake up at 4am to go to the islands to do some diving.
I'm not sure I will have Internet there... probably yes (thanks, XXIst century!).
In case not, I wish you all a nice week-end... a bit in advance ;)

Best of luck!

Rebeca

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour Rebeca, Impressionnant et passionnant. Merci pour la carte.
    Bises,
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete