Monday, November 12, 2012

Intrepid Tour

Hello everyone,

Who would have thought I would have free Internet in Colombo Airport! Cool!

Just a few words regarding my Intrepid tour.
It was a 9 days tour starting in Kochi and ending in Kovalam.
We had a private bus and a driver, Mahesh. This detail is important, because it says a lot about the standard of the tour :)
Some tours don't have a bus and people need to take buses, trains, rickshaws... not that it's not funny... but less comfortable.

Our guide, Tony, was very friendly and he really knows a lot (I know they should know a lot.. but still...).

During our tour, we stayed in Kochi, Munnar, Periyar, Alleppey (Backwaters), Varkala and Kovalam.
In Munnar and Periyar, we did some walks in the jungle. In Periyar, there is a Wildlife Sanctuary. We went for a walk very early in the morning. Tony told us: Be careful, in the morning it's a bit chilly. But don't get overdressed because you will get hot walking.
Indeed in the morning, my Canadian roommate went out and told me: yeah, it's cold... about 20 degrees!
We laughed! 20 C is summer for us ;)

During the walk in the jungle, we met a lot of leeches. Yuk! We put on some high socks, but they still managed to enter in the shoes...

In Alleppey, we were in the Backwaters. Not sure I will be able to describe it... so google it :)
In few words, it's like villages in the middle of the water. You moved between the villages by boat. Really cool!

Varkala and Kovalam were our beaches places. Full of white tourists... but the beaches were... WOW! stunning!

I'm keeping great memories from this tour (I took 1500 pictures...) and my contact book up to date :)
As said before, people were great and I had a lovely time in India!

I will say more about Kerala and Indians in my next post. In the meantime, best of luck!

Rebeca

No comments:

Post a Comment